Thread: Thymectomy????
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I'm wondering, have you spoken with his doctors about all those drugs? What about the Neurontin/Gabapentin? Like I said, it can make MG worse. So will pain meds like Fentanyl or combining pain meds like they are doing to him.

Is he taking sublingual B12 (methylcobalamin) yet? It will help greatly with the pain.

Considering how bad he was just doing, a thymectomy right now might put him right back into a crisis. You don't want surgery when MG is not stable!!! The risk is too great. I understand wanting that magic bullet that will make him better but he needs to stabilize. What has his doctors said about this?

It's going to take a while for his small intestines to heal from the celiac. Is he off all gluten (wheat, barley, rye and oats)?

Chronic flu-like pain could be from the vitamin D deficiency. Are they addressing that?

There is no quick fix here but there are simple things you can be doing, as I mentioned above.

And if they have not checked his thyroid, they need to. And possibly his cortisol levels.

I hope he will continue to get better.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote