Thread: Needing Advice
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMarie View Post
Hi Mum...5? wow, I had 4.
alot of thought about the surgery answer. Did you have a second consult? C ribs are fairly straight forward, it is not like trying to fix a sick or injured nerve as in a car whiplash of other injury. Nerves do not grow healthy tissue. The c-bones under the collar bone removed in theory open the space where compression is.

If you have blue hands there seems to be vascular compression and that is a concern.
Surgery is generally a last resort and not a cure, but helps. Sometimes a lot, sometimes worse.

But a second opinon with a top doc that knows TOS is the best idea. He can do some dopplar testing and read the MRI, and try to see if there is another way to reduce the compression....back to the way it was 5 years ago before the flare.
Like putting it in remission.

May be every day activities are escalating the pain, and even if you have surgery and go back to the same activities, scar tissue may aggrivate.

There are 2 things to do, see another doc, try accomadations to your life, find a med that does help, reduce,......if not at least removing ribs will open the area.
BUT should be done by a doc that has done hundreds of this surgery, not a few in his life....
Just brain storming and chatting as if a family member asked me what I thought.
Is there something you are doing repetativly?
feel better
di
Hi Di,

Thanks for your reply. I would do anything to go back five years and be pain free again. I am seeing a cardiothoracic surgeon so I guess he will be my second opinion. I understand surgery is the last resort. I have tried pain meds, chiropractor...nearly killed me with the horrific pain and PT of which I have had no relief. Surgery for me sounds more and more appealing and yes I'm concerned about why my hands are blue and red, weird.

I was a fan of mt climbing but it aggrivated my symptoms.

I will update once I've had my appoint. Thanks
mumoffive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (08-05-2010), Jomar (08-07-2010)