View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 5 1/2 weeks after TO surgery

Recovering from this surgery is probably the bigest challenge I have ever had. Much more so that the cervical fusion I had in March. I started physical therapy a week ago. Still have numbness in armpit area and some TO pain in arm and hand and muscle weekness. I have been told in some instances that can take months to resolve. I guess that will be the case with me. My biggest concern was I recently noticed I was having some winging of my shoulder blade. This is probably why I have so much discomfort in my back. I asked my therapist about this yesterday and after he looked at this he did not think it was that pronounced. I was concerned that I have nerve damage from the surgery and this could be a long term concern. The therapist started me on special arm raising excersises to work on the scapular muscles to retrain and strengthen them. I also am now concentrating on posture and trying not to let my shoulder balde sort of dislocate as my therapist says. My range of motion has improved considerably. My wife thinks I have progressed well in that area. Just allot of pain from surgery and PT that I deal with.
Still use pillows, ice , heat, whatever.
kenn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (08-05-2010)