View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

What you need is an MRI of your lower back. Using that boot could have seriously thrown your back out, and you could have herniated a disc. The disc could be pushing on the sciatic nerve. As you know this is a very painful condition. I have had sciatica for 24 YEARS!!! Mine is permanent, and a real pain!!! Mine was caused by a stupid surgeon.

Anyway, ask your doc for an MRI as soon as possible, then depending on what it shows, even if you have a herniation, get into pain management. You do not need surgery UNLESS IT'S PRESSING ON THE SPINAL CORD. That is the ONLY reason you will need surgery ~ one more reason: if it's causing you to lose control of your bladder and bowels, or making it hard to urinate, or defacate. Those are the ONLY reasons you would need surgery. Other than that, you need pain management where they'll teach you exercises to do, and give you other options besides surgery. But NO SURGERY or you'll end up having surgery after surgery after surgery. Believe me!!! God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote