View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Mari, thanks for all the info...

yes it is the shortness of breath that made my mom think it could be heart.

there is ER, but no intermediate type services like urgent care.

i can still breathe(!), so i am just trying to take it easy. i am supposed to go for a CT of my sinuses tomorrow. i think one of my parents will go with me. that is important too... doesn't seem like post-nasal drip could cause all this, but it could aggravate whatever is going on.

the scripts i got were for meds i was already taking, and other than the nasal spray they are prn - not things i take 24/7. i tried suspending the nasal spray... now come to think of it i can't remember though if i had the breathing problem or just sinus. heck. i will go back to regular dose. i have been double dosing the spray because my sinuses got so bad after i suspended it. it should be topical and not affect the bronchi, but... hmmmmmmm..... but i did double dose for a while, a couple months ago, to get things under control, and did not have these problems.

my mdoc is basically incompetent but we have to go through him to see any other doc through the national health care. the system works a bit like an HMO plan, but it is even more stringent. no other docs were available in town (they have a "capacity") and i can't afford private care. he has used his stethoscope a couple of times on me, only because i insisted. both times i had bronchitis. duh. (that was over a year ago, though.)

i have done a bit of checking on mayo clinic symptom checker too... and it comes up with a bunch of respiratory conditions but at the top of the list were

- asthma
- anemia

heart attack was also on there.

now if my BOZO mdoc had, on my labs that i just had done, included a CBC, we would KNOW if i was anemic!!! grrrr. and ya know, it's not rocket science to think to at least RULE OUT anemia when a woman goes in complaining of light periods and asking for a hormone profile! i mean there were general well-being tests too, cholesterol etc....

who does a blood workup without doing a CBC??????

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
BlueMajo (08-05-2010), Dmom3005 (08-06-2010), Mari (08-05-2010)