Thread: New with TN
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Me, too

Hello!
Your case seems very familiar. I went to Dr. numerous times with what I thought was an earache (never was). Dr. sd maybe sinuses so he gave Claritin or something? Still had trouble at different times. It kinda came & went. Sore throat, swollen glands maybe? Then sometime later teeth, jawbone were just killing me, too! Dentist had been keeping an eye on my last molar for 5 yrs. So, I told him to take it out. I just couldn't take the pain anymore. I can't even clearly say when the ear stabbing started (I think before the teeth). Went back to dentist. He sent me to endodontist for root canal. Anyway, I still had problems so I went to ENT (I had lost partial hearing in L ear several ears earlier after one of the earaches). ENT ordered MRI & sd call neuro right away. Neuro adv MS, never even mentioned TN. I didn't care, I told him. I needed help & right away. He put me on Tegretol and/or Neurontin. No help. I pleaded for surgery to correct situation. Surgery stopped the stabbing and helped immensely with teeth/jaw issues.

Hopefully, your neuro will be able to help you with meds alone!! Sometimes it just takes the right "cocktail." Hang in there!!

B-
ScaredNewbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote