View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Wondergirl, I was overwhelmed with the number of posts you had recently and wasn't sure where to start. First of all, welcome. Do you have an informal name?

If a person with a normal amount of acetylcholine takes a low dose, like 30 mg., of Mestinon, they would experience side effects of the drug. Their muscles may or may not get weaker. Any higher than that and people will have signs of a cholinergic crisis. Some people even have signs of an overdose at 30 mg. In the long run, if someone does not have MG, Mestinon will not do anything for them.

The Gulf War Syndrome is complicated and not really an important topic for someone with MG! Just ignore that information, unless it's a topic which interests you. There were many other things involved, such as pesticide exposure, vaccinations, Sarin gas exposure, etc.

Muscle strength effects blood pressure. When I am weaker and off of Mestinon, my BP is higher. Once Mestinon kicks in, it is normal.

Are you actually diagnosed with MG? I haven't read all your posts yet so I don't know.

Mestinon is not a benign drug or you could get it on any shelf in a drug store. Maybe doctors should drink 90 mg. of it and see what happens if they think it's like candy or drinking juice (Mestinon syrup). They would fall to the floor, drooling and unable to move or breathe well.

I think it's more important that you have a solid diagnosis and then try to figure out all the information you need to have when you have MG. I hope you can get good doctoring - maybe try to find an MG expert.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote