View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraIrish View Post
Hi
I am newly diagnosed and have not been able to find a good RSD dr. I was diagnosed 4 1/2 mos ago in my left leg after surgery in March and my dr is basically saying i may never walk again! Ive had 3 nerve blocks and pt was told that is all that can be done. There is no more treatment available
Any recommendations on knowledgable RSD drs in CT (where I live) , New England or NY would be sooo appreciated! I really want to walk again!

Thanks
Saea
Saea,

If you want to travel into Manhattan there are a few good ones that I have worked with. They all work out of the Hospital For Special Surgery on the Upper East Side, 69th and York. www.hss.edu. Dr. Richman is excellant have been his patient for many years, the only negative is what kind of insurance you have. As far has I know they do not particiapte with any HMO, any. But things might have changed so call,his staff there also great. Out of the same Pain Dept. is Dr. Gungor who I have been told is excellant and has excellant Technical Skills. There are also a few others that I'm sure are wonderful I just don't have any experience with them. I have done many surgeries there also the facility is really great. And I have to travel to get there almost 2 hours but I would not go anywhere else. Go on the website and it is easy to look them up..

Good luck..
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote