View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 06:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know but I lean more towards what Janke has stated. The doctors know your (as in general) limitation and if you are honest, so too does SS. And more impotantly yourself. Even if the poster had knelt or lifted, was it for 8 hours straight? I somehow doubt that! Does the neighbor know that perhaps the doc(s) have told the OP to get some form exercise? No, the true definition of SSDI or rather the question is...What is it the person can do for 8 HOURS? As an example, I have a pool. Now, if my neighbors see me in it they might think I am having just a grand ole time. But that's not case. Sure it is refreshing on a hot day LOL! But I am actually going through my series of aqua therapy exercises. Besides, you can't do laps in the thing anyway it is too small. It was strictly meant and intended for exercise and to help MANAGE pain. And it is very well documented in ALL of my records that aqua therapy is required. Now, do I perform routine maintenace on it? Only IF what I pick up is under 20 lbs. If heavier than that, I ask for help normally from my husband. But we have a system that doesn't call for HUGE barrels of chemicals anyway. For opening and closing we hire someone. The bottom line is...NO ONE knows what your limitations really are. And neighbors can be busy bodies. Quite frankly, I wouldn't worry about it. As Janke alluded to, if you have been honest with SSA, then I wouldn't sweat it.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote