View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:08 PM
anon72219

anon72219

Hi there, Mo... nice to meet you!

I'm pretty new here, and mostly lurk. I had a PD diagnosis for several years... This past spring, my MDS changed it to Atypical Parkinsonism, with a very positive outlook for the future. I never believed the PD diagnosis to be correct (based upon my knowledge of the facts), and expected this would happen eventually, but even so, it was very stressful and unsettling. Looking even further back, the initial PD Dx was absolutely devastating to me and my family, and the drugs used to treat it were (and still are) just about as bad. Whether I have/had it or not, PD destroyed my life, but I'm takin' it back the best that I can.

I was exposed to manganese dust and fume many years ago. I've learned it's impossible to get objective medical treatment. Neurologists and traditional Western medicine in general are stuck in the clutches of big pharma, insurance companies, lawyers, etc., and so their services now comprise only a portion of my health care. I'm doing much better, now, as a consequence.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, therefore, I share your interests in alternative therapies and healthy strategies. Yoga is definitely in my future. I've been lucky to have experienced some benefits from therapeutic massage in the past, and hope to have the opportunity again. I'm currently in the process of weaning off of sinemet with my MDS's approval, and let me say-- it's tough. But then, after reading this forum, I knew in advance that it would be. (Thanks, all, for that.)

I'm limited to what I can share on the forum, but, despite a low level of public participation, the first-hand information and observations from others has been incredibly helpful. No: "enlightening." And while it's true that what works for one person may not work for another, I've had my mind opened more than once from having read the posts on this forum.

Much of your post, Mo, evoked feelings and thoughts of awakening after a very long nap, for instance, and of becoming newly aware. I identify, and look forward to reading more from you.

--Onward
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote