View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi Lori,

My stomach swells like I'm pregnant. they just went in and looked around and found nothing. I am on Metformin and Amitiza for this. I have had a lot of surgeries also that's why they looked around, to see if I had tumors or scar tissue. I can't be on my feet for long due to my stomach swelling and I was also diagnosed with RSD in my right side. That keeps me from standing too long.

I just had surgery where they cut a nerve which he felt scar tissue was causing problems with as well as it being damaged from my last surgery I had about 5 years ago. He cut the nerve, a ligament and took out adhesions. I do have Intersital Cystitis{a bladder disease}. It took us about 7 years to get that pain under control.

Since you have had surgeries, scar tissue might be a possibility. You might see someone about that. I saw two Gastros and 3 gynocolologist and a pelvic pain Dr. before my PCP and a new surgeon in town helped me figure out what needed to be done this time.

I have better care from my PCP then I ever got from the PM and Neurologist I've seen. What he didn't know, he learned. I am glad the PCP is helping you in this way. It's just finding that right Dr., it's time consuming for sure.

Feel better soon.
Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ALASKA MIKE (08-08-2010)