View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellatum View Post
Annie,

Thanks. I wrote that when I was doing quite well, and could have handled a glass of wine a day. Now I'm a lot weaker, and wouldn't try it. Oh, well. I was thinking it would be nice, to sit with my husband sipping wine. I guess we'll have to do herbal tea or something instead...

OK, now I'm going to make up an article about how chocolate is actually quite beneficial, and all MG patients should eat snickers bars.

Abby
Abby,
Thanks for the chocolate laugh...I do think dark chocolate is healthy for us, if I remember right it is high in Magnesium and some other mineral(iron?), but only the good chocolate without all the additives. I bought some raw cocoa powder (not the regular kind that is alkali processed) and I cook with it, adding it to some soups and with bean dishes, and find it delicious.

As for wine...I can't drink it on my normal MG days, but sometimes when I am having those good days and then I get stressed I have had a little (very little!) red wine and it does help me with the stress a tiny bit. I wouldn't recommend alcohol for anyone with MG though, could be dangerous.

Lots of smiles for your chocolate joke.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote