View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I broke my car!! And myself... but dang it I love that car!

WARNING!!! RANT COMMENCING IN 3...2...1...

So I was doing my usual biweekly drive to drop DD off at the halfway point for her dad (Heaven forbid he come get her!), and had to stop for gas. Which is odd, I think to myself how I have used so much gas this week. Then again, i have been running a lot of errands.

I get onto the interstate and all you can smell is gasoline. I start sniffing my hands thinking I may have gotten it on me... and the smell gets stronger and stronger... Weird.

As I am approaching the next exit, I look at my gas gauge and realize I have lost almost a quater of a tank of gas in the 10 miles I have been on the interstate. OH NO!!!

So I get off, call my ex, explain where I am and tell him to come get his kid. Call AAA and request a Tow truck.

And spend the next 45 minutes in 97 degree heat waiting on the tow truck. Does my ex offer to sit with me so i can sit in the AC in his truck? (He!! NO. He bolted as soon as he got there. After looking under my hood like he has a clue and telling me he doesn't smell gas).

Of course I don't want to start the car and turn the AC on because I am scared it is going to catch fire. Nice and overheated! Shaking, off balance, and my left eye is going wonky. Add this of course to the broken back and torn hip flexor and you can imagine how I am trying to walk to get into the tow truck!

Fortunately, I had a very nice driver with good AC who didn't once ask me if I was drunk. Got home, took a nice cold shower...

I am beginning to feel like I am getting sucker punched by life every time I turn around. I keep screaming "uncle", but it's not listening!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (08-06-2010), Jules A (08-06-2010), karousel (08-06-2010), mrkmyword (08-07-2010), SallyC (08-06-2010)