View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi,

Have English relatives and can just imagine what a tough time you're having with:

1) getting to see the right kind of docs;
2) getting all of the tests you ought to be having.

Please don't give up. From what my sister-in-law tells me, she has to just keep pushing in a nice way until she gets the appointment a sooner rather than later for my brother-in-law who's very sick with Parkinson's and orthopedic problems.

First of all, seems that you need a whole bunch of tests - lots of bloodwork to rule in or out lots of things, probably lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and other testing that the neuro can order. If you've already been told that you have small fiber neuropathy, does that mean you were diagnosed via skin punch biopsy or not. If not, that is pretty much the most reliable way to test for SFN.

As to your sciatica, I have had occasional bouts of it. My orthopedic doc gives me a cortisone injection, and it's gone. Until, of course, the next time which can be years later.

Wish I knew of something to suggest for the pain. Have you read the sticky post here about B12 and why it's so important to be tested for deficiency - using the RIGHT test, of course, and then MrsD here at this website has put up information about Vitamin B1 being possibly effective against neuropathy.

Good luck and best wishes.

P.S. (Will be visiting your lovely country in October and staying near Brighton.)
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote