Thread: nerve pain meds
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If you're talking about actual NERVE pain, the usual one they prescribe is NEURONTIN. But that makes you retain water, makes you feel loopy, gain weight, etc.

I'm onTopamax for nerve pain and I don't have ANY side effects at all. I'm sure there are probably some side effects to this but I don't have them. In fact I LOST weight on Topamax ~ about 10 lbs. Most people DO lose weight on it. I had tingling, zapping, needles & pins, the feeling of water running down my legs, horrible burning, hot-poker feeling, it was awful! This TOPAMAX has taken it ALL AWAY. I don't feel any of those symptoms at ALL anymore. I take 400mg. per day, and I've taken that dosage for 9 years with no increase in dosage. This works great!

Perhaps you could ask your doc about Topamax and see what he says? I know for me it's been a life saver. God bless and take care. hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote