View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
Hey!! Guess What???

Remember when I came on a several months ago with a new symptom of how from the top of my head I would start burning & it end up encroaching down over my whole body with the burning? and I would turn bright red? Well the one of the PM's PA's & I figured it out yesterday. I saw her instead of the doctor & I was telling her my list of meds then I started to tell her about those symptoms & wham alight went off in her eyes.....and I said yah I know I just heard about that side effect of that medicine on TV the other night. So now I am stopping taking it to see if we are both right so will let ya'll know. The name of the medicine is Niacin, generic, or Niaspan, brand name. I had basically seen the commercial before about it BUT I hadn't really listened & heard the side effects before. Ya'll know how our brains tend to shut down on commercials...........for some reason, & I think it must have God had a hand in it, I truly paid attention to the side effects. And one of them is what is called "flushing" with tingling, only I think because I have RSD for me it turned into BURNING.

I am soooooooooooooooooooo excited over this. Funny thing is........I had told the PM Doctor about this & my family PA also. None of them put it together at all. But then the minute I told her I take Niaspan, I started to tell her what I had heard on the commercial & wham her eyes got big. Also this med isn't anything I have to wean off of I can just STOP it as of yesterday...............If it turns out that it is my culprit, well I will call the family doctor & tell them I can't take it anymore. And see what it is she tries in it's spot.

If I could do a jig or dance I would, but I can do a happy chair dance.

DebbyV
Debby,
I did not see your original post, however. I have seen what you describe more then once in the ER where I work when I'm not working in surgery. Should get better soon!
z
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote