Thread: Rotation Menus
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 08:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Here is a sample I put together for a woman who was trying to lose weight on a Vegan rotation diet
But the total daily calories are 1761, which isn't bad.
The daily nutrients are all met, with the exception of B12, which is hard to get on a vegetarian diet (and is controversial) and calcium. On this day you'd be getting 55% of your calcium recommendation, so that would be an area for improvment or supplement?

This could obviouslly be improved upon, and many things like Pears and Apples can be used to make pear cookies and pancakes on the SCDiet so there are options. Water would be the main drink (maybe herb tea). Or fresh juicing some of those daily fruits? Also, if you did make the yogurt or keifir water from almond or coconut, that would be wonderfullly healing for your gut!

Here is a list:

a seaweed salad of the following. Eat the whole salad throughout the day!
4 tablespoons of each:
Agar, Kelp, Wakame, Laver. I don't know off hand if Apple Cider Vinegar is okay on SCD or lemon? Either of those would be nice with the seaweed, but not sure if they are safe. I think lemon is good for the gut, but have to double check.

1 medium
banana, apple, pear (cut up in a bowl for breakfast)

Throughout the day snacks: Eat 1 avocado, 1/2 Cup almonds, 1/4 Cup cashews, 1/4 Cup brazil nuts

Lunch : 1 cup boiled spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup broccoli 1/2 cup boiled carrots

Supper: 1/2 Cup lentils (prepared SCD style) 1/2 Cup broccolli, 1/2 cup boiled carrots

dessert: 1 Cup blueberries drizzled in honey

Downside, while you are getting your nutrients and keeping your calories low, you are not getting enough protein for your recommended amount. With this day of food you would be getting 48 of protein. Not terrible. You could up your almonds to get closer to goal. Maybe make a batch of monster cookies and ignore the calories for the healing process?

A day to day lunch pictorial
sleepingbean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote