Thread: Sleep Disorders
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 07:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lack of Oxygen whilst asleep

I was conviced that I had sleep apnoeia for some time bfore sharing a room on holiday with an acquaintance who knew nothing of my suspicions but did know I was suffering from headaches on waking every morning for several week. My friend said "I hope you don't mind but do you know that you stop breathing while your asleep?" Also before dx I had a gynae. op and the night after the operation they woke me up to suggest I had another pillow to sleep more upright which I declined to which they replied that they would have to give me oxygen as I wasn't getting enough. Of course when no sensors were on I've no idea whether I was the same the next night. I mentioned the stopping breathing whilst on holiday to my doctor but he plainly didn't believe me (I don't fit the profile) although far too savvy to say so outright. If this lack of oxygen is linked with REM sleep disorder which is now suspected to be a very early indicator of neuro.
problems, then the fact that years ago I used to leap out of bed shouting my head off and was usually half way down the stairs before I woke up is a
another piece of the puzzle.

When are they ever going to put the pieces of the Parkinsons puzzle together I wonder.
paddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote