Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Also new and freaking out

I've been reading these posts for several weeks now; I keep thinking that I should stop because it makes me crazy, but by now I've come to accept that I have TOS even though I haven't been actually diagnosed. I spent several weeks on an old pair of crutches (still haven't read anything about crutches causing it) on the thinking that I wouldn't need them for too long. Several weeks later the symptoms started in my hands (I'm a musician, so I'm particularly sensitive to that) and have now spread into my chest, primarily. I've come to accept that I may never play again, but I can see that the possible prognosis is actually far worse. I live in NYC, single and alone. My parents (my only real support network) are in CA, and all I can think about is the shame of moving back there if this disables me. I'm also feeling amazingly stupid for having caused this to my own body, and I have no idea how I can live with that starting at the age of 36. Where will the rest of my life go?

I could use a bit of help. Sure, I have medical questions but it's more how you all have survived this and lived your life. I'm just not sure I'm strong enough to do that sometimes...
jfeltman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote