View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi and welcome aboard! I've had both migraines and seizures (now primarily migraines thanks to surgery, and those are limited due to medication and therapy). My migraines were due to the seizures and hormones (PCOS) and I'm not sure if you've thouught about this or not, but if you have GM seizures or even CP's are you clenching your jaw? I had terrible migraines due in part to a dislocated jaw caused by a gm seizure. It took therapy and a funky mouth guard that I wore for months at night and one during the day to correct my jaw and bite but it worked. I still take Topamax every day to prevent migraines (and seizures), but let me tell you that mouth guard therapy was amazing. I could barely open my mouth and now I have almost full range of motion again. It's worth checking into.

I noticed you also mentioned congenital spondylolisthesis- I have that too, but it shouldn't be causing your migraines. Uncomfortable, yes, I have found pilates mat work to be the best therapy for me. Have you found any particular therapy that works best for you?

I hope you find answers to your questions soon. This site is a wonderful source of comfort. Again welcome. ((((hugs))))