View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 01:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Emily ~ I'm sorry to say that he's just another of the ignorant uneducated people that we deal with every day of our lives. It's his loss. Like you, I'm so tired of people telling me what "will help me" ~ as if I've NEVER tried this before, or the doctor as never heard of it before!! Good God, where do they think we live, under a rock??? We read newspapers too, and I'm sure the doctors read medical journal also. It really gets tiresome, and somewhat insulting! I know people are trying to "help" but if they'd stop and think, they might think how stupid it really sounds.

And yes, I've lost many many friends. I've only got one friend from my original group of school friends left. This friend I've known since I was 4 yrs old, so she's a real true friend. The others are online friends who are also chronic pain sufferers, but we've never met. But we're very close, as they understand what I'm going thru, and vice/versa.

I've come to the conclusion that I'll never again have the face-to-face friends anymore, because i can't do what they want to do. And since i don't drink, I wouldn't fit in with them anyway. So what good am I??? LOL. I will NOT go into a bar ~ I'm a recovering alcoholic, so that's not a good place for me. What friend would want to sit in a coffee house all evening? LOL. So, I stay home and watch TV, do crosswords, and sometimes crochet. Fun, huh? But going out is too painful anyway as I have to lay down quite often and you can't do that out in the public. They kind of frown on that and think you're drunk. Then they'd do a blood test on me and find drugs in my system! LOL I'd get arrested for having pain meds in me. LOL. What a fiasco. Just my luck ~ getting pinched for taking my daily meds.

Ya gotta laugh. If we don't laugh a bit, we'll cry. But seriously, I know where you're coming from. I don't think this guy is what you need right now. He doesn't sound supportive at all. You need someone to pep you up, not pull you down. God bless dearheart. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote