View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchr012 View Post
I am writing this because I am really nervous about seeing the new doctor tomorrow. I have seen neurologists before but this is such a weird situation I am nervous! I think my biggest fear is that they will not help me either and I will continue to suffer like I have been. I am only seeing him because my pain doctor won't even try to do anything else until I see a neuro. She said at my last appointment there is nothing else she can do even though it is apparent on my x-rays my leads have moved again! It really makes me mad because I have continued getting worse since September and I cannot be reprogrammed anymore because of the problem! So this means I get more pain when I turn it up because it is hitting the dura instead of where it is supposed to hit.It is also very hard to even charge and the pain and problems have even led me to have problems with my movement (especially the right leg). She wants me to go because of the numbness I get sometimes (pretty often) in my legs and she said that is a separate issue then the one for my stim. She also said that since she already did a revision she can't do anymore surgeries for me, like I hit my limit of surgeries which sounds very weird and it does not help that she is very condescending about the whole thing. The neurosurgeon already said it is RSD so this whole thing is ridiculous. All I know is if and when I actually get this fixed I am going for the paddles kind of surgery and I never even knew that existed but my stim rep said that the leads will be better held in place. I am also going to try to get a handicapped parking permit because I cannot do all that walking on campus even with my walker I get in horrible pain I am so fed up with all this! Also, she said that the neurologist might want to take my stim out so they can do a MRI I guess if that scenario happens at least they would have to fix it because they would put it back in afterward. I guess I will just have to wait and see what he says I just really hope this is a productive appointment! Thanks for listening.

sincerely
tara
Prayin that all will be well.
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-17-2010), tchr012 (08-09-2010)