View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I agree with some of what veggienft said in their post. I have first hand experience with this. At the age of 30 I developed an auto-immune induced neurological problem that the doctors were baffled with. They ruled out ALS, MS and Parkinsons but did not know what to diagnose me with. I finally saw a homeopathic doctor in a desperate search for answers. The homeopathic doctor told me to avoid wheat/gluten and dairy as they were the most common developed food sensitivities. I was reluctant to believe that what I had was diet related, but I eventually tried it and was astounded when within a week my symptoms began to improve.

The condition that allows undigested food protiens to be absorbed into your blood stream is actually called 'Leaky Gut Syndrome.' As veggienft said, this is how your immune system becomes confused and starts to attack the wrong parts of your body. Things that should not be in your blood stream are absorbed through a weakened intestinal wall.

The root cause of the weakened intestinal walls is Candida, a fungus that gets out of hand when the helpful bacteria that live in your digestive system can't fight it off. The helpful digestive bacteria are weakened every time we take antibiotics and even when we eat meat that was from animals that were fed antibiotics. Taking probiotics when you have run away Candida won't help either because the Candida won't let it take hold. You have to eliminate the Candida and then replenish your helpful digestive bacteria with probiotics before your intestine walls can heal.

Where I disagree with veggienft is the fruit part. Candida feeds off of sugar, artificial sweeteners, and yes fructose from fruits. However, the fructose from fruits is much less concentrated than the sugars, sweeteners and syrups that are so heavily used in our foods today. It is possible to kill off Candida while responsibly enjoying fruit. I am on a plan now that allows fruit in my diet and I am still able to eliminate the Candida.

In order to adopt a diet that starves the Candida, you need to avoid all sugars, sweeteners, syrups (like high fructose corn syrup). You should avoid fermented foods like cheeses. Avoid all dairy, alcohol, vinegar as well. I adopted what I call a 'caveman diet.' I only eat meat, fish, eggs, rice, fruit and vegetables. Olive oil, coconut oil and canola oil are all good at killing off Candida too so keep those in your diet.

People who develop food sensitivities should also rotate their foods. With a leaky gut, your body will learn to attack anything that it sees often enough. This is part of the reason gluten and dairy are number one in food sensitivities because they are in EVERYTHING. If you eat something, you should avoid it for 96 hours before eating it again. When your body develops antibodies against a food protien, the antibodies only stick around for about 72 hours. If they never see a repeat food, then your body never learns to attack new foods.

Before I knew about my sensitivities, leaky gut, and the rotational diet, I had already become sensitive to gluten, dairy, soy, strawberries, tomatoes and caffiene. Once you clear your body of the foods you are sensitive to, you will know when you eat something that you are sensitive to. Right now you probably have so much of what you are sensitve to in your system, that your body can't catch a break. Its overloaded.

If you take out the number one hitters such as gluten and dairy, and also avoid sugars, alcohol and vinegars, you should notice a difference in a few weeks. Just a warning that Candida die off symptoms are cold or flu-like. The Candida elimination plan I am on recommends that you sweat in a sauna or hot bath 6 days a week while detoxing. The skin is your bodies largest detox organ. If you don't give your body a path to get rid of the excess dead Candida, your kidneys and liver get overloaded and you start to feel sick, like a cold or the flu.

I hope you find this post helpful. Let me know if you have any questions. Like I said, I'm going through the recovery right now. It will take time, but you will feel better if you stick with it.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote