View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went thru workers comp. They wouldnt deal or give me treatment so I settled. I know.. I maybe shouldnt have.. but I did. I was told I wont get anything else. Lawyer told me to file for SSDI and told me we were here since I reached perm/stationary. Yes it was work related.

I have been going to my own doctors for treatment - to try to get it resolved. Now, they are saying they cant do anything since no xray shows that I have something that is diagnosable. I have pain - and it gets worse the more I use my hand. Since I am not employed I am lucky to be able to stop what I am doing to rest it - and my mom will finish or help being that I had to move back home.

So.... I may have been screwed by my lawyer or not - its a closed case and settled. He told me that I should try to get state disability for as long as possible awhile getting treatment with my own medical care. The workers comp QME doctor told me that what will happen is that I will have to close my case to get care - get better, then take a job and get hurt again. He said at that point they will fight about whos liability it is. He said the system in the state of California is a mess and was destroyed when our current governor took over and messed up the system.

I have already gathered that alot of people dont close their cases. Wish I would have found this site before I got to that point. They were denying me anything, but approving drugs - so I just took the $, what little it was, and then am trying to get care outside of it. I have to say so far Kaiser has been good - but it seems they dont like to give disability - even to those they feel shouldnt work currently -

It makes no sense to me. No laywer will take my case since its closed. THey will only take on my case for SSDI - but only when I am denied and ready to go to the judge hearing.

hope that cleared up some stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel the Burn View Post
you have tendonitis,,, you have been off work for a year?,, youhand ard arm hurt,, you got hurt at work?,, what have you been doing for that year other then going from doctor to doctor,, why havent you contacted a Lawyer for workmens comp if you git hurt at work,, I seem to be missing some of the issues,, you need some serious advice from a lawyer,,,
luna11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote