View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 01:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

The info about the Ticket to Work Program pertains to those who have already been granted SSDI and later feel able to attempt to return to work. It does not pertain to your situation at all Sabimax.

As others have written, it is legally possible to be working part time because of your disability and (in theory) get approved if you can only make less than $1050 per month, but it is extremely difficult to get approved while working. Trust all of us, it's hard enough for most of us to prove we can't work at all even with our doctor's support.....Can you imagine how difficult it would be to prove that you can (I'm just making up an example here) work 4 hours per day (earning $1000 per month), but there is absolutely no physical way that you could work 4.5 hours per day (which would put you over the 1050 limit) ?

Because of how long the approval process can take, it may well mean that you and/or your family gets into dire financial straights while waiting to be approved.

The best advice I can give is that if there is any way that you can push yourself to work for another month or another year.....that's what you should do.....and try to bank as much of it as possible. When you cannot get yourself to work or through another work day....that's when you ask foe leave and apply for ssdi.

Are your doctors willing to document that they consider you totally disabled now ?

I wish you luck through all of this.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote