View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have tried Gabapentin, Lyrica, Cymbalta. and have side effects. Cymbalta was the worst after 8 weeks on it could not wait until it was out of my system. Something about nerve pain meds I have problems with.

My PM wants to do the SCS but I am a little gun shy with anyone messing around my back. After all the pain meds that I am on I still have pain around 7-8 most of the time throughout my whole arm because of the nerve damage. A/C in buildings and vehicles are the worst. My hand Dr. told me that I basically have a raw nerve in my lower arm that effects my whole arm. It hurts very bad in my arm pit where it feels like someone has a 7" heel in my arm pit and is trying to remove my arm by turning and ripping it off like a turkey leg all the time. Each week that goes by gets worst as far as pain level. Right now early morning it is 81 deg. and climbing over a 100 by noon. I feel so bad for my wife because she knows how the a/c effects me so she leaves the a/c way down for me. Anyone else out there with nerve pain like this I would like to here from. I know that there are a lot of people on this forum that are in worst shape then me. But any help would be great.

Dennis
hurting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote