View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lily, Dave here. My ATN seems to come and go...somewhat. It came back a few weeks ago and has stayed. 1000mg a day of Carbamazeine does not completely stop it. ATN pain can push through the Carb. on some days.

I read that Opiates have some success, but I cannot use them anymore due to life threatening Respiratory issues. Sooooooo I am not sure what to try next. You have something for your nerves? A stimulator? Dare I ask what it does for you/us??

Yesterday, I had something VERY unusual happen. On the upper left side, between the 3rd tooth in and the wall of my mouth was .... something like a polyp? As big around as my little finger and it felt like it was about a half inch long. Just hanging down. I used my tongue to push on it. It felt like liquid inside. After my tongue pushed it around, off and on, for about an hour, I noticed it was changing shape. It was a similar size, but horizontal to the roof of my mouth. This morning it is almost gone. It was never painful to touch or "push on".

Anyone have ANYTHING like that?