View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesightofoneself View Post
my explanation of determination letter says

"... The medical record shows that you are capable of performing other work which might only require a very short, on-the-job training period. ..."

denied of course

i'm preparing for my hearing which has not been set yet.

question: how do i change my claim from bipolar disorder to schizoaffective disorder? i have a letter from my pdoc and i'm hoping this thursday when i see another pdoc that i can share the limitations i have both inside and outside of the house.

thanks for reading and any advice you have
When you file an aqppeal you add whatever new information has come into play since your original filing date. There is no one diagnosis necessarily with SSDI. Once they find one aspect that is considered "severe" which means it interferes with typical work activities the SSDI then considers all the aspects of your disability. Frequently, it is a combination of illnesses or limitations that places you in the category "disabled". That is why it's so important to be so through and detailed about your symptoms and limitations which is hard to do on the new 2010 application. Make sure you incclude a lengthy but concise list of your symptoms and limitations.
Is this your first denial or second denial?
Repectfully,
Trudi