View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default i think it goes deeper than speech

as one or two of you might have noticed..i can do a pretty good ramble. ha! this happens when i am on and overdosed on sinemet [generic] and not only does my speech speed up but so do my thoughts and i try to say two or more things at a time. so you stumble and kind of freeze trying to get it out. it reminds me of the shuffle walk, very similar type of short circuit.

you start to say somethiing then your thought is replaced by s rabbit trail and before you know it no one is listening to you and you realize this after you take 5 min to say something that should have taken one or two min and you've lost them. and it's all fast and so low that no one can hear me.

at this time my impulsivity is at a maximum and plenty of times i've dumped the energy right here in the forum.

i am thrilled that they are looking at other transmitters and they have to find something better than sinemet. it will kill - how may pwp do you know who have died of heart attacks in their 60s? the excitatory nature of this illness and meds is at full force for me now at age 60 and having pd for over 20 years. i am sincerely worried now for my children and grandchild. i have dystonia around my upper chest and a deterioriating spine. the writing is on the wall here....not trying to depress, but these trials and rip offs are not going to do it.

i am sorry to rick for expressing negativity about his article about l-dopa and learning but when you could go at anytime from this illness or complications thereof i don't care to have philosophical discussions. I can see years and years of preclinical money being thrown at "learning". and no treatment.

bob, i think you had better grow ears and become a werewolf if you are walking in the woods at 3 am. i can think of a couple of animals that might mistake you for dinner. i'm mixing up threads but want to limit myself to one ramble.
we are wound too tight and we need to know what part the other neurotransmitters are playing because we have medicine that could help. They say anticholinergics cause dementis through allergy meds or some such over the counter durg....i think it was on a link that soccertese posted about something else and i saw it on the page. but it was for 'normal' people, we need our transmitters balanced.

well how many thoughts did i express..and i'm speed typing and playing My Favorite things on the piano, newly returned to me from my daughter. myfingers are stretching and reaching and moving where they usually are curled. so i function motorically quite well at the dinner hour but i can't put two words together without a stammer and if i do it can be like the energizer bunny...it lkeeps going and going and i do something impulsive if i don't let some of it out.

i used to email mike fox...finally broke that habit but i'm grateful to understand why i did email him about stuff we were doing but he wasn't involved with. that was my punding...writing everywhere or talking up a storm. and it becomes difficult to break the habit and to slow down - now i'm seeing that this has been identified in one of the new pathways they have found - the ability to initiate and cease voluntary actions, not just movements. i have stated this before but to me it is the most important find ever. it ties cognition, emotion, movement to parkinsons - now lets fix it or at least don't drop this study.

then all my rambles will not have been in vain....lol

bob and steve be careful walking at night. its hallucination time and you could have an accident.

ok finished but don't remember which thread i am answering i'll just be surprised when i post it.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 08-09-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: wow that's the fastest and most correctly typed post i've done in a long time
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (08-09-2010), rose of his heart (08-09-2010)