Thread: pregabalin
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Mae View Post
I don't think it's fair to tell people not to try those medicines.. I tried lyrica, neurontin, and topamax... and while they didn't give me any relief, I only had side effects from the lyrica--but they weren't any permanent side effects to my eyes. As soon as I went off the lyrica, the side effects went away.

What happens to one person on a medicine won't necessarily happen to another person--and one of those medicines may end up giving someone all the relief they need with no added side effects.
Fair enough. The drugs people should be warned away from AT ALL COSTS are those which leave irreversible side effects in a significant number of patients, or will, by and of themselves, exacerbate CRPS - for purposes of this forum - in anyone, such as the vasoconstrictor Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine).

That said, I think we have an absolute duty to clue people in on potential side effects. First, because they often won't hear them in any but the most general terms from their doctors, and secondly, to provide a sense of context thould they arise, e.g., so someone knows that his/her body/mind isn't going out of control (yet again) in some strange and bizarre fashion.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
frogga (08-12-2010)