View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help RSD and Wisdom Teeth

A doctor in my hometown referred me to a dental surgeon who specializes in sedation and is aware of nerve related RSD/CRPS. I had two of my widsom teeth out when I was 16, but they told me that the other two were not ready to come out. I am now 20 with severe jaw pain because of these wisdom teeth and they need to come out. Although he is about 5 hours away this dental surgeon is the only one that can safely take out my wisdom teeth, so that the RSD does not spread to my face. I am covered for half of the cost but I still need to come up with $1000 in under a week. I am on disability and only get $600 a month. I realize the procedure costs money and the extra sedation as well but I can't help but wonder how much more this dentist is trying to make off me. Private care and for $2000 is alot of money to start with and knowing that I have RSD, I am unable to work and don't have a lot of money. This site is probably American but since I am in Canada anything emergency or hospital related is usually free of cost, and I found out that in addition this doctor does work with the hospital. Does anyone know what sort of dental surguries are done in a hospital? How I would go about asking? I have an RSD treatment this month on the 17th that will take me right through to my dental appointment on the 23rd. I don't know what makes up a dental emergency but I am in more tooth and jaw pain then I have ever been. I don't want to delay getting them out because it's costs me money to travel too. Any general ideas or information would be appreciated.
Emily_Rose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote