Thread: pregabalin
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmichael View Post
Fair enough. The drugs people should be warned away from AT ALL COSTS are those which leave irreversible side effects in a significant number of patients, or will, by and of themselves, exacerbate CRPS - for purposes of this forum - in anyone, such as the vasoconstrictor Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine).

That said, I think we have an absolute duty to clue people in on potential side effects. First, because they often won't hear them in any but the most general terms from their doctors, and secondly, to provide a sense of context thould they arise, e.g., so someone knows that his/her body/mind isn't going out of control (yet again) in some strange and bizarre fashion.

Mike
Absolutely. I don't disagree with that one bit. But, on the peripheral neuropathy board, it seems as if a lot of people are helped by neurontin and lyrica. Just because people over here have trouble with it (like I said, I had mild side effects with lyrica and none of those medicines worked for me, but had no major trouble with them), doesn't mean that we should be telling people not to try them at all. To warn them of potential side effects and tell them if they have trouble to stop them right away or seek care immediately is one thing--but some people ONLY get relief from these medicines, and to deny them that help by totally discouraging them from them just because some people have trouble with them is wrong in my opinion.

Just curious, though--what is the problem with sudafed? I've taken it quite often in the past for allergies, though I don't think I've taken it for a couple of years.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote