View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Responding to your ketamine statement - I've had 23 infusions, and I've NEVER had a hallucination. EVER. All of mine have been low dose - under 200 mg - and delivered with other preventative meds in the infusion at the same time. And I look and feel better than I have in a really long time. I'm nowhere near perfect, and probably never will be. But I'm off opiod meds and back to work full time. Fiorcet is the only med I take on a regular basis to control my pain.

Maybe at really high levels ketamine can cause hallucinations in the long term. But I want to make it clear that at low doses, on a regular basis, me and many of the other people that I have met have experienced nothing of the kind.

XOXOX Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl View Post
I saw a yet another neuro doc last week. She said patients travel all over U.S. to see her. She was very knowledgable about RSD. To my relief, she never touched me to give me an exam because she said it was obvious I had RSD, so there was no point in causing me any more pain. What a relief for a change!! She went through my records and said there was nothing else that could be done. I have tried everything. We spoke about ketamine infusions since that is all I havent tried. She said she has had 5 RSD patients that have used ketamine & that all of them have had long-term hallucinations after receiving the ketamine treatments. She also mentioned transcranial magnetic stimulation, but said that she seriously doubted that it would work for me since nothing else has. I also have bipolar disorder & she said that could mess with things psych wise.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote