View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Abby, Do you talk a lot? Just wondering since swallowing and breathing muscles are greatly affected by that. And laughing, which seems like you would do a lot.

Sitting at a computer, whether slouched over or not, is hard work for those trunk muscles.

A wheelchair would mean arm work, which may make your arms even worse. A scooter is a good idea but it's hard to say if insurance would pay for that.

I'm glad you're having a nice summer. And it's great that you have such good helpers.

Increased saliva from Mestinon wouldn't necessarily make you choke. It's probably the MG. I can choke on my own spit and even on "air" sometimes! Totally normal. My latest favorite is when LaCroix goes up instead of down and ends up in my nose and eyes. Not a refreshing feeling.

You may want to reassess the chair you sit in at the computer. Does it support you well enough? Do you need to add pillows, a neck brace or a new ergonomic chair? If I do any cutting up of photos for projects, which I can't really do much of anymore, my entire back can go into spasm to the point of not being able to walk. You have to think about how what you are doing is adding to the weakness.

Maybe sip on some cool water after talking or have a fan blowing on you to keep you cool.

I think if you continue to be weaker, especially due to the choking, you should tell your neuro about it. I hope you get better.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote