View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dej - I'm sorry you are treated that way and deceived by these so-called friends.

I was actually thinking of starting a thread about how I attrack all the needy people (not internet though). When they stop needing me they just walk away from our so-called friendship. My latest is with a neighbor who needed a shoulder to lean on while she was going through some serious medical problems. I lent an ear and spent time doing the things she wanted to do despite the days I was not feeling well myself. As she got better I continued to put an effort into our friendship and thought she was too. But she is better now and getting on with her life and has made it clear she no longer needs me so poof there goes the friendship. This happens to me over and over and each time I think how great it is to have met a new friend only to have them walk away when they no longer need that extra help through a difficult time. Even my husband has asked me "how come you alway attrack needy people who disappear as soon as they no longer need?". I can't change who I am. I'm a person who loves to help others so this will probably continue to happen. Although I am now more shy and slow to make new friends because I don't want the disappointment again.

You are not alone. I'll be your friend with no strings attached!
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-10-2010), Kitty (08-10-2010)