Thread: Grace Walk!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Resting in the Psalms?

I thought that the Abundant Life was a New Testament concept. I guess it is - as Jesus is the one who promised to give us one, but it seems that King David knew something about depending on God.....

Psalm 36:7
How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Psalm 37:4
Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy ways unto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass.

God wants us to trust him! Right?

Psalm 37:7a
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him....

Years ago I remember riding in the car on an open highway on the way to church. We drove 50 miles to be with my parents on Sunday. At that time we lived in a little town in Utah. My dad was a pastor of a small Baptist Church in another town in Utah. Because the church was just starting out, I commuted to play the organ. The problem is is that we had been in an automobile accident a few weeks before. I seemed to have developed a phobia of riding in the car. I am not kidding I was white-knuckling it as my husband was driving, but I was saying "Watch out for that car, slow down....." We had the radio on and it began to play this song.

"Be Still and Know that I am God.....The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge."

from Psalm 46. I love it!

Until next time....
Rest in the Lord!

Judy
SallysMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote