View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 10:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Firegirl and All,
I had to chuckle to myself when I read your posting about hallucinations because I have already taken medicine (Clonidine 0.1 mg) and had hallucinations or scary visioins if that is what they are called. It was frightening and then I realized that is what Dr. S. here in Philly gives to prevent hallucinations! I guess I will need something other than that for my ketamine treatments?? Like the previous posting said they are supposed to give you meds to prevent such things from happening. I wonder if the doctor only sent five patients what were the circumstances surrounding those treatments? Where they the only five she had ever done? There are just so many variables and as we all know you could have 50 people do one treatment and with RSD most of the outcomes will be different. Just like in any survey done with anything you always need to figure out who is doing the survey and what benefits do they have if any in the outcome of a survey or treatment. Just ask more questions before you say no completely. I, like you and others here, have tried just about everything except ketamine and I am waiting for judge's decision for approval to have it done. Yes, it is scary but so many people I've spoken to in the last 4-5 years say it works wonders and to always get it if you can. Heck, at this point I would try just about anything to get this monster into remission...what do we have to lose???? Best of luck to you and never lose hope!!!
Take care,
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote