Thread: pregabalin
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for responses.

I don't know what I'm going to do. I have an appointment with an ophthalmologist next week, but I'm 99.99% sure he won't find anything. It seems likely to be some problem at the level of the brain rather than intraocular. He'll probably tell me just be patient...or to just learn to live with it. MY EYESIGHT WAS PERFECT (WITH GLASSES) UNTIL LAST MONTH. IT'S A BIG DEAL! Same with cognitive slowing/memory problems. I had taken the year off college due to problems with my hands. And not only are they no better, they are actually worse than they were when I took the year out. I was trying to pull myself together to try and cope/deal with this (and doing a fairly lousy job of it), and now, a month before I'm due to restart college.. I'm having problems with my vision.

I think it's disgusting that the side effects of drugs (particularly ones that affect the brain) are not studied better. The assumption should surely be that they do cause damage, until proven otherwise. I realise that there are different phases of testing that drugs go through, but they are relatively small. And they generally only pick up incredibly blatant sideeffects!

What's the excuse for not doing larger scale studies of (at the very least) the more commonly prescribed neurotropic drugs? Probably because once they are legally prescribable, the funding drug companies don't want to focus on studies which demonstrate the sideeffects.

Sorry for the ugly selfpitying posts.
Neoplasm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote