View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, what a long and trying journey you have been on! I will try to help you where I can. I do know that I too have asymmetrical weakness in my limbs and that it baffled a neurologist who turned out to be clueless about MG. The Australian Myasthenic Association discusses that it is a common presentation and you may want to read their site. The asymmetry was a non issue for my MG expert. . .he didn't even mention it. He knew by the thumb, finger, neck, back, leg, stomach, tongue, eye, face etc strength tests that no one else did that my case was indicative of MG.

What I don't understand is that if your thymus is that huge, why they are waiting to take it out? It sounds like something impt is wrong and how can they tell it's benign w/o a biopsy? My MRI/CT shows a mass and they said they don't know if it is enlargement or tumor and they are doing surgery and they also said the finding is a definitive diagnosis for MG.

Are you at a specialty center that sees MG on a regular basis? Just because you are seeing a neuro muscular expert does not mean that he/she has enough experience with MG. . .that is what happened to me at the beginning. . .

I hope this helps, debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote