View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 05:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Catra.

I recently flew to the west coast of Florida from MD. The flights to and from were horrible, as the cramped airplane made me uncomfortable (we did upgrade to first-class on the flight down, so that made it a little easier. First on and off, bigger seats and more legroom). The altitude did not help either, plus just the stress of "running" around the airport, car rental agency and settling in at our hotel. I would suggest using a wheelchair at the airport so you don't have to walk forever (if you are flying). Plus you get boarded first and are the first to get off. However, once we got situated we could relax and enjoy our stay. The climate was wonderful for my pain and being in the sunshine everyday was very helpful.

I took my meds, TENS unit and heating pad, plus my favorite pillow and comfy socks. We always planned our outings around my pain and started later in the day so I could sleep in. It was during Easter when we went, so the water wasn't really warm. I was hoping to be in the water as much as possible, so I was just a bit dissapointed, but just being in the warm humid climate really turned my pain down (from a constant 8-10 to a 4-5). I thoroughly (sp?) enjoyed it and felt a whole lot better in their climate than here at home. I didn't want to come home! We have since decided to move down there permanently.

Just remember to pace yourself, listen to your body and get lots of rest. It sounds like a wonderful experience for you and your Mom. Have a fabulous time!

Kim

Last edited by Kakimbo; 08-10-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Forgot stuff!
Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (08-11-2010)