View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Emily Rose,

Yes, you do have a complicated situation. In the US, there is always a referral doctor or dentist on call to cover the office for emergencies. Is it that way in Canada too?

Your situation is considered special due to trying to coordinate your weekly treatment with the surgery in the hospital if possible and the fact that you are in pain makes it urgent. If you had known sooner about the dentist working out of the hospital, you could have arranged your surgery accordingly, but since you didn't know, then I suggest you reach out for help from someone who may be covering for that dental office while the dentist is on vacation. Sometimes a staff member from the office is the one covering the phone calls.... even so, they should be able to help you. I would leave a message on their office phone stating <<you would like to move your oral surgery appointment (give the surgical date) from the office to the hospital and if possible arrange it for a day around the same time as your treatments....give the dates. Say you are in pain with your teeth and cannot postpone your appointment and you're hoping someone will be able to call you back as soon as possible to help you discuss rescheduling your oral surgery.>> I would leave the message that simple and if you don't hear back within 2 buisness days, leave the same message again.

I hope this helps you.... please try not to worry too much ... the most you can do is reach out for help and hopefully someone will respond to your call.

Please keep us posted on what's happening...

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily_Rose View Post
Thanks for the reply. I am afraid they don't seem very reasonable though. When they called with the cost, she automatically told us that there would be no payment plans and no exceptions. Not everyone has a couple of extra thousand handy. My stress is also coming from the fact that the office is closed now and only reopens right around the time I have to leave for travel. If I am unable to contact them soon, and I go to my week long treatment, it will not be easy for me to arrange details from the hospital. And to ask if they are able to do the surgery in the hospital, instead of their office. It would be better anyway to be moved within the hospital instead of across town. Also assuming that I have someone call for me their policy of no payment plans likely won't change. Unless we happened to talk to someone who goes out of their way to misinform and confuse patients. It remains to be seen if we will able to speak with the dentist himself, since coincidentally my referring doctor is also away on vacation and I am not even able ask about a confirmation, let alone a chat about my financial situation. So much to figure out.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote