View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Let's back up a few steps?

You said you had flu-like issues, how long did they last and how long before you started the 'new' stuff?
I ask, because I'd had a pneumonia [started early Dec] that I didn't 'shake until late March, and in April I'd started getting numb . By Mid May I was in the ER, first diagnosed with PN, later, because it kept 'progressing', [by a year] with CIDP...an autoimmune neuropathy. Of course, it's onset/cause is called 'ideopathic'! Since then, I've been diagnosed with at least 2 and possibly an additional 2 more autoimmune issues.
By your 'doctor'? Am I correct in assuming it's your GP? Get thee to make an appointment with a neurologist, w/copies of your other doc's tests in your hands! ASAP! [which means early October if you're lucky and can't get in for a cancellation?] . Mite not hurt to also set up an appt to see a rheumatologist as well, Can't hurt? Best to absolutely zero out many things medical off the 'list of possibles' and go from there-The more of the 'possibles You can get off 'the LIST?' Hey, the better! There are several neuro and rheumatology problems that cross-over so to speak. And neuro problems are soo many and varied? [As are Rheumy ones] that it can scare you silly.
Just keep- at it? While you can! Best to keep trying and get treatments asap rather than end up in the ER in Intensive!
Further? It could be anything some have suggested? Or not at all! Read and learn this site? It's chock full of med terms? But it mite help you zero in on the neuro aspects: http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/antibody/sneuron.html
Try this for starters? They are diagnostic 'summaries' of v arious neuropathies, then go to the index for other possibles and see if that all helps you zero in on YOUR problem [IF your brain isn't mush after reading it all? ] Then once YOU zero in, there have got to be folks to help you here! Don't be afraid to ask questions-there are many, that we can answer, as we've been 'there'.
Good luck hugs 's & HOPE! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote