View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

loosing the pulse when arms are up or out can be a part of TOS, but some people without TOS have the same thing happen, so that alone is not always proof of TOS.

I bumped some other good info posts up to the top of the list, look for those a swell as the sticky threads up above the main list here. look for the green circle icon w/ arrow to find sticky threads.

the pulstaile tinnitus is probably a bruit - the pulse sound is louder because of the scalenes or SCM muscles in the neck are kind of squeezing the artery. I had it and it was very bothersome, used to keep me awake as I'm a light sleeper.

but after good PT & chiropractor care all that is mostly gone unless I do something to strain my neck muscles, and now I know how to get rid of it myself for the most part.

A very good PT is best and no beginners - make sure you get one that will listen to you and not push you to go to fast.

It takes time and listening to your body to make the small changes for best improvement.

Also rest and relaxation - give body time to heal without the stress of hand/arm uses.

also -
drink lots of water/clear fluids, deep breathing, posture
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (08-20-2010)