View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 05:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Virginia and WELCOME ~ I'm sorry you have the need for this site, but I'm glad you found us! You're right in that chronic pain is a lonely disease. Most of our friends leave us, because we can't do things with them anymore, and our family doesn't understand what it's like. Many times our family even criticizes the fact that we have to take pain medications ~ some families have even demanded that their family member STOP taking their pain meds. How insensitive!!! Just like you said, unless they've lived in our shoes for a day or two, they have no idea what it's like. Chronic pain robs us of not only our mobility, but many times our self-esteem, and adds to it a deep seated depression.

I'm glad you're here, as you'll find some very nice people who will understand. Please keep coming back and venting any time you need. Or just to "talk" too. God bless, and again, welcome. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote