View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 06:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just started running a VERY little bit when I walk....maybe a block if that so nothing to the extreme. I felt like giving it a try so I did...not very scientific, I know. My thought process was if I can golf which has a lot of rotating why shouldn't I be able to run.

As far as working out, I am on the eliptical trainer but have not started any free weights yet but again....my thought process is if I can golf which is a lot of repetitive rotating (and I mean a LOT of repetitive rotating especially for me!!!) why couldn't I start out with some light weight training. Of course, I am no doctor so I would certainly check with yours in case I am way off base. My doctor has said from day one, "We are going to get you back in control of your life!!" So she's been very supportive of what I've wanted to do but always cautions me to start SLOWLY and work up to where I want to be....which is hard for me since I like to always jump in with both feet!!

Speaking of which, I've heard people who have had the SCS implants are jumping out of planes and you can't tell me that the landing isn't jarring! (which I so want to do!!! That's my next goal!! It's more of a life goal!!) So in my mind, anything is possible as long as you are smart about it and don't rush it!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-13-2010), vannafeelbettr (08-13-2010)