Thread: Leg pain
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My feet did the same thing before I started wearing inserts. It's certainly worth looking into, just to be sure. The inserts help keep that muscle stretched out - if you look at pictures of those muscles at the bottom of your foot and just how many other muscles are attached to them, it's easy to see how if one of them isn't operating at peak capacity it can affect so many others.

It's an "age" thing, unfortunately. The funny thing is that when I went on a gluten-free diet 2 years ago, my muscles all got stronger - I guess because my body started to absorb all of the nutrients necessary to get to my muscles. I found that I didn't need to wear my inserts any more; my feet stopped hurting. I could actually feel the arch lift up after a couple of months.

I'm sure it will come back as time goes on, but at least then I'll know what I'm dealing with. As I recall, though, the pain was quite intense. But it did go away after I started wearing the inserts - within a couple of weeks, if I remember correctly.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to find some relief soon!
teresakoch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote