View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have DDD, but it's in my neck (mild) and lower back (severe). I don't have all the same symptoms you have since it is a different location, but I do have severe pain. I also have peripheral neuropathy and 4 other back conditions.... the neuropathy is what causes most of my pain.
I don't respond to any medicine--even strong narcotics. Yesterday I was just put on the fentanyl pain patch, so we'll see if it is strong enough to work for me. I really hope that you are able to get some relief soon. I know it's not easy and it's not fun to be in pain all the time... I've been dealing with this pain all my life... I'm 24, and not sure if you feel this way... but I feel 90 most days since I am totally bedridden... and feel as if I am missing out on the best years of my life. If you would like to chat more, feel free to message me--I haven't found many on this site around my age--most are much much older... which is fine, but it's hard to relate when most people have seemed to have a rich and happy life before the pain even started (though I realize that is NOT the case with all, especially probably on the chronic pain board, which I don't frequent....).

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote