View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for asking how I am and for the nice comments - they are much appreciated !

I'm sorry I haven't been round much. Things have been a little tough round here lately. My uncle died of terminal cancer last month which hit my mum and I hard as we were really close to him and I have also developed a condition called POTS where I collapse and have seizures on average 25-30 times a day. It's tough and i'm not able to go out much on advice from my drs as I collapse whilst walking. My mum is looking to get me a referal to another hospital as my doctor seems pretty clueless at the moment unfortunately.

I have had to pack in school and college work because of the collapsing and am now home tutored. It's hard as I miss my friends a LOT but I guess it is for the best. I'm lucky to have a good boyfriend who supports me through my problems (he has Cistic Fybrosis so understands what I am going through somewhat). He has also agreed to look after me whilst my parents have to work so he's been a godsend!

I still try and get out when I can. I go to the cinemas etc and have been to the amusement parks however can't anymore as I find I collapse on the rides.

My Neurologist is wanting to do a Baclofen pump to control spasms that I am having so I am hoping that will help should we decide to go ahead.

I hope you are all OK and I will definitiely post more when I feel up to it!

Take care all of you!
Alison x
Aarcyn (08-11-2010), Dejibo (08-11-2010), Jappy (08-11-2010), jeep4wd (08-13-2010), karousel (08-11-2010), Lady (08-13-2010), SallyC (08-11-2010)