Thread: Leg pain
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I disagree that plantar fasciitis is an inevitable part of growing old. Sorry, Teresa, but I'm "old" with MG and have never had it. Not even back when I was young and wore heels to work.

The fact that you have it in both legs and that you also have a rash, even if it is a side effect of a medication, is concerning.

Only a doctor can tell you for sure if it's something you can shrug off or if it's something more serious. I hope you will write down all of your symptoms, when they occur, exactly where they are on your leg/ankle/foot and what they feel like.

There are diseases, like Ankylosing Spondylitis, which can have more frequent aches and pains like that. I'm not saying that is what you have but using it as an example of the many things that can make your muscles feel that way.

Sure, just having MG is enough to make muscles weak and become strained but what you are describing does not sound like simple muscle strain. Also, inflammation can increase after being in the sun. The sun's rays are toxins to our bodies. People with lupus are more sensitive to its effects.

I hope you do get to the bottom of whatever is going on.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote