View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Earache, upper/lower teeth on left side hurt. Anyone else??? Tegratol almost working, 600 mg today
I have ATN along with classic TN. Early on my episodes would come and stick around for a month, then 2, 3, 4, and now its pretty much constant. The symptoms wax & wane in severity, but it always affects one side of the face more than the other. The lesser effected side still goes on in spurts, and then quiets down. I had great pain control using Trileptal and Effexor, but eventually had to wean off of them due to side effects. All other meds I've used for it have only controlled the pain to a point, resulting in breakthrough pain. Atypical is hard to deal with. Have you got a copy of "Striking Back?" If not, its available through the Trigeminal Neuralgia Asso. and is a good source of info regarding medications for the condition. It may also be available through Amazon, at least I think I remember others mentioning it.

As for the blister thing you describe, I've never experienced anything like that. I have had my face swell due to TN though. My doctor could visibly see it and didn't know what to make of it at the time. This is a strange condition. Take care

Last edited by EE03; 08-11-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: typos
EE03 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (08-11-2010)